In transition III

Currently under demolition: The Schiller Opera House. The round steel skeleton building was originally built between 1889 and 1891 for the Circus Busch. It was opened in 1891 with a gala performance and held over a thousand visitors in its auditorium. The annexes housed artists’ apartments, a prop store and elephant stables, among other things. The circus moved from there to a new permanent circus building on Zirkusweg near the Reeperbahn as early as 1899. Later it became a well-known theater. After 1960, inheritance disputes initiated the decline, after changing use, the building stood empty since 2006 and it was increasingly left to decay.

Leave a Reply